Got a nose for numbers and an eye for detail? Do you have some experience in finance, software development, or even managing R&D claims? Do you want to be a crucial part of scaling a business with a talented team? Then we're looking for you!
R&D tax credits are a fantastic way to claim back costs and help startups grow, but the process is stuck in the dark ages. Claimer is a fast-growing start-up that’s using tech to shake up the R&D tax credit space, with a product that users love.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership over the day-to-day management of the R&D claims process. The role is varied, but you’ll spend a lot of time speaking with startup founders, getting to grips with the details of the latest breakthroughs, translating those advances into R&D reports, and identifying opportunities for new product features.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 6 months experience in preparing R&D Tax Credit claims
- Ideally some experience in software development or product management (whether a software engineering or equivalent degree, or within a job or hobbyist realm
- A genuine passion for innovation
- Detail orientated with phenomenal verbal and written communication skills
- You are a fast learner and looking to join a high growth startup, able to excel in a fast paced environment
- Working closely with Claimer’s wide variety of SME clients including some of the most innovative startups in the UK
- Guiding clients through the Claimer platform including assistance in maximising qualifying expenditure
- Finalising technical narratives and preparing tax computations
- Representing Claimer at workshops, talks, and events
- Working with the team in developing our product
Life at Claimer
- A competitive salary of between £25,000-45,000 and 0.5 to 1.0% of equity
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Study support - if you’re studying towards a professional qualification
- Flexible annual leave policy - minimum of 28 days
- Contributory pension
- Team lunches every month, outings every quarter.
- Initially remote-working only due to Coronavirus, after that ideally you'll be based in our offices in Croydon or Central London once or more per week.
What are the next steps?
- Send us your CV/LinkedIn profile and any additional info you feel we’ll enjoy knowing about you to [email protected]
- Please also send us a short summary (100-200 words) of a technological innovation undertaken by an exciting UK startup in the last 12 months. It should focus on the details of the actual technological innovation, how it’s advancing an industry, rather than the commercial features of the product or service.
- We’ll be in touch to organise an informal conversation
- If you like us we’ll then organise a more in-depth follow-up meeting
- If all goes well, we can be in a position to get you started immediately!